Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pentecost Sunday!

Lord, God, we thank you for the gift of Holy Spirit, which we celebrate today.  I pray that we will never forget nor take for granted what an awesome and wonderful Gift He is.  I thank You for all that Your Gift has meant in my life, for all that He has done in me and for me and through me.  

Holy Spirit is so precious to me.  He has changed my life so tremendously and blessed me so far beyond anything I could ever have imagined.  But so often we as the church seem to overlook Him or take Him to be an afterthought of God.  If Jesus told His disciples to wait for the Gift of God, the Gift foretold throughout the Old Testament, how can we take Him so for granted?  He is the embodiment of God and all that Christ has done for us dwelling within us.  Our Comforter, our Counselor, our Teacher and Guide.  

Father God, I love You!  Lord Jesus Christ, my Savior and my Righteousness, I love You.  Holy Spirit, my Guide and my Hope and my Inspiration, I love You.  

On this Pentecost Sunday, I encourage you to recognize the ministry of Holy Spirit in your life.  Take this opportunity to thank Him and to praise Him for all that He is and all that He is doing in your life.  He is so worthy of our praise and our love!!!!

Love,
Ev

One thing have I desired and that will I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord and to enquire in His tablernacle. Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment