Monday, January 14, 2019

A Dangerous Faith

Jesus was a dangerous man -- dangerous to the power structure, dangerous to the religious, dangerous to the crowds of people who followed Him.

Shouldn't Christianity be considered dangerous -- unpredictable, threatening to the status quo, living outside the lines, uncontrollable, fearless, wild, beyond categorization or definition.  It is time to find the place where the dangerous wonder of faith can be discovered -- a place landscaped by risky curiosity, wild abandon, daring playfulness, quiet listening,, irresponsible passion, happy terror and naive grace.


Found the above in an old journal.  Not sure whether I wrote it or if I got it from somewhere.  Not sure that it is stated correctly.  My heart is trying to say that it is time to leave behind all the comfortable churchiosity, the safe "sanctification," and the predictable religiosity.  The dangerous One we follow is calling us out of the boat and onto the water, out of our comfort zones and into the battlefields.  

Even as I write this, I wonder if I have what it takes.  I wonder if I can set aside my fears, doubts and insecurities.  

Let's encourage one another; let's strengthen one another, let's step out together and take that first dangerous step of faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment