Monday, September 20, 2010

Temptation as a Test of our God-given Possessions

Through regeneration we are lifted into another realm where there are other temptations to face, namely, the kind of temptation our Lord faced. ... Satan does not tempt us just to make us do wrong things--he tempts us to make us lose what God has put into us through regeneration, namely, the possibility of being of value to God. He does not come to us on the premise of tempting us to sin, but on the premise of shifting our point of view, and only the Spirit of God can detect this as a temptation of the devil.

Temptation means a test of the possessions held within the inner, spiritual part of our being by a power outside us and foreign to us. ... He (Jesus) went through the temptation 'without sin,' and He retained all the possessions of His spiritual nature completely intact.
~~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest


No wonder I feel that I get no where in my usefulness to God! I succumb to the temptation over and over to relinquish what God has given! Time and again, the enemy is able to stop me from growth and usefulness to God. It isn't so much about sinning, but rather laying down all the gifts and possessions and weapons before the enemy in total surrender and agreement with his demands -- "Who do you think you are?" or "Has God really called you?"

The temptation is answered only by faith! Faith in what God is doing in our lives and in His will, promises, and purposes!

Holy Spirit, please help me to stand firm in all that You have given me and in all that Christ Jesus has done for me and in all that the Father has called me to! Amen



Visit my other pages:
A Day in the Life:http://ev-dayinthelife.blogspot.com/
Bible Studies:http://ev-study.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment