Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Treasure . . . In my room!!!

Wow! Have I told you? I have amazing treasure in my room. Treasure that I am totally unwilling to trust to a bank vault. Treasure that I love to take up and handle and examine! I am so rich beyond anything I could ever have imagined or hoped for!

The treasure, the one thing I would ask God to allow me to take to heaven with me, is my journal. It is the record of my relationship with God. As prized and cherished love letters reflect the relationship between two lovers, my journal contains the very words of God spoken to my heart over the years.

Lord, how precious they are to me! And I truly thank God for speaking and relating to me in this way so that I have the opportunity to return to this treasure chest over and over throughout my life, especially when times get rough. "Hearing" His words to me over and over again is so encouraging and comforting; there is absolutely no-thing in this world of greater value to me.

If I could ever pass on any one piece of advice or encouragement to those I love, it would be to spend time in God's presence and record in a journal those things you have heard and seen and experienced in that time with the Lord. It is a place you can be totally honest with yourself and with God, and a place that He can meet you very personally and powerfully!

Love,
Ev

1 comment:

  1. Ev, I'm in total agreement with you on this one. I've journaled for more than 15 years now. As I look back and reread some of them, I see how God answered my prayers but often in ways I never imagined. It helps me grow in my faith too. Yes, treasure those journals and the lessons learned.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete