Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Major Adjustments

Amazing!

This morning, as I was preparing for my quiet time, the Lord really spoke to my heart telling me that He "wants to teach me how to follow Him in all the day by day areas of my life. He wants me to start out the day asking Him to lead me in all things: work, eating, drinking, activities - even asking Him when to sleep and what time to set the alarm to get up! Quite a scary thing for me, because I know it will change my life dramatically." If you know me at all, you can guess what an overwhelming thought this is. I can give up a lot of things to God without a second thought, but giving Him lordship of my eating and drinking choices (did you know I am a Pepsi addict?) and my sleeping choices is a really scary thing to do. I love my food, I love my Pepsi, and I love to be just curled up in my bed watching TV or sleeping. But I really felt God impress this on my heart. And He drove this home as I opened my study in Experiencing God and found that it was all about this subject!! Hard to believe that Henry Blackaby would know what God was saying to my heart this morning. (LOL!)

Until you are ready to make any change necessary to follow and obey what God has said, you will be of little use to God.

And that is the agony of it. God is really showing me that I can continue on "obeying and following" Him in the "big things," and He will let me continue playing church. Knowing the right things to say, understanding what the truth is, enjoying glimpses of His face, I will still continue to live a crippled walk, never knowing the full power of a truly surrendered life that is filled with Holy Spirit! How sad a life that is. You can see it (from a distance), you know what a life filled by His Spirit really is, yet you miss it totally because something is of more value to you. Something so worthless and so deadly and so ugly, is something you have convinced yourself that you cannot live without. And so you surrender the most beautiful, most valuable, most wonderful life imaginable in order to hold on to it.

If you think of me, please pray that God will give me the will and the ability to do what He is calling me to. Right now I am shaking and my knees are knocking.

Love,
Ev

No comments:

Post a Comment