Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Remember, The Lord's Lovingkindnesses Never Cease

So I say, "My strength has perished, and so has my hope from the Lord." Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness. Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me. This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I have hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. Lam. 3:17-25

In trial and suffering, we become focused on the situation, leading to despair and hopelessness. At these times, we MUST CHOOSE to remember God's goodness, to dwell on His nature not on the circumstances. In God Himself is our hope!

Love,
Ev

One thing have I desired and that will I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord and to enquire in His tablernacle. Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment