Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Relationship First!

I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don't tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. You have patiently suffered for me without quitting. But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first! Look how far you have fallen from your first love! Turn back to me again and work as you did at first. If you don't, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches. Rev. 2:2-5
All that God has done, He has done with the primary purpose of relationship! He created us for relationship with Him and has redeemed us at great cost to restore that relationship. egn 6/30/2007

I read an article in Christianity Today regarding Pastor John Piper, who is going to take an eight-month leave of absence from public ministry, and I followed the link to his letter regarding the leave. Please take a moment to read his letter at :

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2010/4555_John_Pipers_Upcoming_Leave/

It is so encouraging to find a minister who is willing to step back from a flourishing public ministry to rebuild his relationships with God, his wife, and his children. Too often all of us find ourselves trying to push through when what we really need to do is to step back into the loving arms of our Lord and rediscover our first love and passion.

Love,
Ev

No comments:

Post a Comment